Monday Aug 05, 2019
Monday Aug 05, 2019
Monday Aug 05, 2019
THE BLOOD COVENANT-1 “How Shall I Know?”
Gen. 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.”
Gen. 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”
Gen. 15:7 And he said to him, “I am the LORD who brought you out from Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to possess (inherit).”
Gen. 15:8 But he said, “O Lord GOD, how shall I know that I shall possess (inherit) it?”
Gen. 15:9 He said to him, “Bring me a heifer…”
Gen. 15:17 When the sun had gone down and it was dark, behold, a smoking fire pot and a flaming torch passed between these pieces.
Gen. 15:18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, SAYING, “To your offspring I give this land…
3 Things To Know About The Blood Covenant (TBC)
- The purpose of a Covenant is to bind 2 parties together in a relationship that produces a 3rd being...A New Being born from the relationship of 2 becoming ONE: i.e. marriages, partnerships, mergers, but most importantly, our relationship w/ God.
- The Terms of the Covenant define the relationship. The NT is the The Terms of the New Creation.
- A Blood Covenant blends 2 lives into one new life.
Thus, in our present state we were incapable of a relationship with GOD so He had to make a New Creation from the 2 previously incapable parties.
TBC is how GOD speaks to man…
Ezek. 16:62 I will establish my covenant with you, and then you will KNOW that I am the LORD
WHEN you understand the terms of the BC, and speak to GOD through them, THEN you will move Him…
Matt. 15:22-28 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.” But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” And he answered, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.” She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.” Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is YOUR FAITH! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.
Her request was granted by her faith in TBC!
The 2 For ONE Exchange
1. Dividing The Sacrifice — Each gives their life to become part of the New Creation.
Rom. 8:29 …predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
2. Exchanging The Terms — The irrevocable blessings & conditions that govern the New Creation.
2Cor. 5:14-15 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.
3. Exchanging Coats — The coat bears the Identity of it’s owner. The exchange represents a shared life.
Rom. 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not give thought to the flesh to do its desires.
4. Exchanging Names — Jesus Christ is the name of the New Creation, as Son of GOD & Son of Man, having all authority!
Acts 4:12 …for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
As the New Creation, you receive the Coat and Name which are both divine and human in nature, operating with authority in both worlds.
- Heaven honors it…
- Earth obeys it…
- Satan fears it, and…
- You have it!
5. Exchanging Weapons — Brought GOD into our battles…
1John 3:8 For this purpose the Son of God was revealed: to destroy the works of the devil.
Eph. 6:10-12 Finally, be strengthened in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Clothe yourselves with the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against…
6. Mingling Blood — The Exchange of Blood brought death and life to both Jesus and Us. Human blood made Him mortal — able to die. His blood made us able to Live!
Matt. 26:28 Take of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is given for men for the forgiveness of sins.
7. Sharing The Scar — The shared similar scar served notice to all that the bearer was a BC person.
Gal. 6:17 From now on let no one cause me trouble, for I bear the marks of Jesus on my body.
8. Sharing The Meal — The Meal is the New Creation. Eating it is taking on the Life.
John 6:53-56 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood LIVES in me, and I in him.
One of the Great announcements of TBC Exchange…
Is. 61:3 (GOD has anointed Jesus) to grant to those who mourn in Zion—to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified.